Blackboard Learn hints and tips for Fall 2016
As you prepare to teach and/or support users in Blackboard Learn for the fall semester, we have some useful information and links to help you get started.
- Recommended browsers for Blackboard Learn are: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and/or Safari(MAC). Please ensure you are using the most up-to-date version of your selected browser.
- If your roster in Learn does not match your roster in Flashline, please use the Sync tool in Flashline, you can find it by clicking Edit my Profile, after logging into Flashline.
- If you have multiple sections of the same course, before adding content to any of the courses, you can combine them all into one course for easier management. Fill out the Combine course sections form to request this function.
- If you’d like to copy course content from a previous semester course into a current semester course, please follow Copy content instructions.
- If you use video in your course, please remember Kaltura is now available and recommended for use. If you go to http://video.kent.edu you will see Kaltura has many great features and user-friendly tutorials.
Please be aware KSUtube will not be allowing any uploads after January 1, 2017.
- You can add a link in your course for the end of semester Flash survey. Please go to Guide to linking survey for instructions on adding the link.
- Faculty and student user guides have been updated and available on Faculty Guides and Student Guides
- Training workshops for faculty are happening all semester. Please view the workshop schedule and register at: List of workshops